Digital Marketing has evolved as an indispensable business strategy in the contemporary world. While the big players in the market have already switched to digital marketing. Small Business are in puzzlement about how to market themselves. They still believe with the fact that traditional marketing like print media, TV ads and radio advertisements will bring in customers. They rely on the fact that their service is good and somehow traditional marketing solely combined with their good quality service can bring in customers.
But Small Business most often fail to recognize the place where their potential customers lie. People have now shifted from watching TV to watching on their phones or tablets. This switch is due to the factor of personalization. People can more often watch something on Phones and tablets alone then on TV. Also the group of potential customers that can be found on online platforms is much larger in number then in traditional marketing. Using digital marketing, Businesses can reach an enormous audience in a way that is both cost-effective and measurable.
How Digital Marketing Creates Difference for Business:
- More audience is present on Social Media Platforms and Other such platforms that uses Internet then the number of audience who are present in Traditions forms of Marketing. If You have a proper Digital Marketing Strategy and run campaigns on the right platforms, eventually your brand reach will increase in a much faster and quicker way then in Traditional Marketing.
- Digital Marketing campaigns don’t burn your pockets. In digital marketing, you have complete control over your budget. You can always decide to stop the campaign at any point in time if it is not going the way you want it. Also, instead of reaching a mass audience, you can choose the right people for your service which will save a lot of your money. You can stop any advertisement when you think it’s time to unlike in Traditional Marketing where you get your advertisements printed or broadcasted, you have no control after their distribution.
- Imagine an e-commerce website & they run an advertisement on digital platforms. Wouldn’t it be easy if they could track the audience who clicked on their advertisement, who took the first step of going through the product description and then who finally made their mind to buy your product. How much of a benefit it would be if you get all these insights so that you can run campaigns which were most liked and clicked and then omit those which didn’t prove to be liked by most people. Well, Digital Marketing offers you wide Insights on who, when and how. Just another reason on how digital marketing will create a difference in one’s business.
- Well, if you think you are a small player in the market and you can’t compete with big giants in the market, then you are wrong. One of the main aspects of Digital Marketing is “CONTENT”. Digital Marketing runs on content. The more creative your content is- the more you will outshine your competitors and even big giants.
- CRM- Customer Relationship Management happened to be the most important factor for customer retention. Converting your leads is just a part. Retaining your customers by maintaining good relationship with them is the major part. In traditional Marketing practices it is next to impossible to maintain a relationship with them. In contrast, Digital Marketing has emerged to be the best platform for Customer Relationship Management. You can have proper conversations with your customers, you can take their feedback and also answer to their queries.
- Sit Local, Move Global. Does it sound weird. Well not with Digital Marketing. Imagine have a travel Agency that offers tour packages for Local Audiences and International Audiences as well. With traditional Marketing it would have been very expensive to reach to international audiences, but with Digital Marketing you are just a click away from reach out to international audiences. You can simultaneously run plenty of Ads for different demographics just sitting at you own place.
- Business often get confused as in how to target the right audience and where. Imagine you are running a school, and you installed a Billboard that advertises your school. The audience that will be looking at your Billboard will be a much larger audience which includes the relevant and non-relevant Audience. The relevant audience will be the people who are in the age group of say 25-45 whose children might be sin the age group of 2-18. With Digital Marketing you will be able to target only the relevant audience. And if you have a great creative, a great idea to capture the audience, then Hooray! children have already started taking admissions in your school.
A major plus of Digital Marketing is that you’ll be able to keep an eye on your fellow competitors in the Industry. Digital Marketing has already evolved much and almost every brand is moving towards Digital Platforms. And thus your competitors are there as well. You can keep an eye on your competitor by having a sight of their new advertisements online, you can check everything and every other move of theirs online.